Mobile and Social CFD
- CFD and others… is the new blog of Z.J. Wang, the Wilson Professor of Engineering at Iowa State University. Z.J. knows what he’s talking about so his is a blog you should follow. Subscribe or RSS today.
- GLView Express is a free iPad and iPhone app for viewing 3D models and CFD results.
- CD-adapco has an official LinkedIn group.
- upFront.eZine presents this list of CAD-related software for mobile systems running Android.
- Pointwise, maker of the Pointwise and Gridgen CFD meshing software, is looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer.
- Flow Science, maker of the FLOW-3D CFD solver, is seeking both a Developer and a Software Engineer.
- Oak Ridge National Lab engineers spend 60 million processor hours performing a CFD benchmark of internal combustion engines on Jaguar, a Cray XT5 rated at 2.33 petaflops.
- CFD impacts fluid dispensing technology.
- Learn how to model an F-16 in SolidWorks with this new tutorial.
- Honda Performance Development uses CFD to design their CR-Z Racer and other high performance automobiles.
CFD Software Releases
- Exa released PowerFLOW 4.3c with support for Cray’s XE6 supercomputers.
- Dassault Systemes released DraftSight V1R1.3, their free CAD software.
- Siemens PLM Software released NX 8 including updates to the software’s CFD capabilities.
- Symscape released Caedium v3.0 with hybrid modeling and cloud computing.
- CADNexus offers the CAPRI Cart3D Connector, a software bridge between CAD software and the Cart3D CFD software.