CD-adapco Released STAR-CCM+ v6.06
The new STAR-CCM+ v6.06 release from CD-adapco promises to improve turnaround with faster polyhedral meshing and improved CAD readers and broaden the scope of applications with multiphase flow and LES combustion.
Dual 2D/3D Computer Display
Fujitsu announced the launch of the first professional, dual 2D/3D display. The P23T-6 FPR 3D display targets CAD/CAE professionals who need a 23 inch desktop monitor and a 3D display for viewing and sharing complex graphics applications.
- Fujitsu’s announcement
Red Bull Formula 1 Drives to Victory with FieldView
Red Bull Formula 1 racing won the 2011 constructor’s and driver’s championships. With 80% of their aero design work done via CFD, Red Bull relies on Intelligent Light’s FieldView software to automate and streamline the extraction of engineering data from huge CFD data sets.
- Intelligent Light’s case study
Applications and New Releases
- CFD was used in this study the effect of impingement plates on heat exchangers.
- Version 7.20.4 of BRL-CAD, the open source solid modeling package, was released.
- A CFD blog in Portuguese: Mec. Flu., CFD and HPC
- You need to be an M.D. to understand this but apparently CFD was used to predict flow and pressure in coronary arteries to ultimately produce “lesion-specific fractional flow reserve.”
- CFD is used to help design a wind tunnel built to help validate CFD.
- Bombardier’s CSeries’ aerodynamic performance was validated using both CFD and wind tunnel testing.
- This online, interactive Java application computes a wing’s lift coefficient using a discrete vortex Weissinger method.
High Speed Bubble Photographs