Tecplot 360 2011 Updated
Tecplot released a major update of their Tecplot 360 2011 CFD postprocessing software. Enhancements are concentrated in performance improvements including a 2x speed-up of animations over previous versions of the software, a 10x speedup in font rendering, and a 5x speed-up in “time to first image.”
- Tecplot’s announcement
Misconceptions About Good Meshes
From the CAE Watch blog comes the article “Top 5 misunderstandings on (good) mesh” which includes #5 “Good mesh must have large node/cell count.” The author points out that what’s important is getting the answers that are good enough for your project. So sometimes fewer points is better.
- blog post
FLOW-3D/MP v4.2 Released
Flow Sciences released FLOW-3D/MP v4.2, the distributed memory version of their CFD product. This new release utilizes MPI and OpenMP on as many as 256 cores with speed-ups of up to 60x.
- Flow Science’s announcement
News From Intelligent Light
In their latest email newsletter (registration required), Intelligent Light outlines some of the latest advances in their FieldView 13 CFD postprocessing software including transient dataset reduction by a factor of 286, a direct OpenFOAM reader, and more.
- Intelligent Light’s newsletter
Jobs, Applications, and Notes
- CFD engineer needed in the UK for motorsport applications
- An application of CFD to wastewater management
- Reaction Design’s Model Fuels Consortium is releasing software for simulation of soot particle formation.
- Abstracts are now being accepted for the STAR Global Conference 2012.
- COMSOL is seeking a CFD applications specialist.
- WIND-US v3 is now available (via the Innovative CFD blog)
- Code_Saturne 2.1.0 has been released.