Shimada Named 1st International Meshing Roundtable Fellow
Dr. Kenji Shimada, founder of Ciespace Corporation and professor at Carnegie Mellon University, has been named the first IMR Fellow by the International Meshing Roundtable.
The fellowship recognizes distinguished accomplishments and service in the field of mesh generation. In Dr. Shimada’s case, his accomplishments are exemplified by his development and commercialization of BubbleMeshTM technology.
Two Receive Kelly Johnson Award from SAE
Ramesh K. Agarwal from Washington University and Bruce Banks from NASA Glenn Research Center each received SAE International’s Clarence L. (Kelly) Johnson Aerospace Vehicle Design and Development Award. The awards were presented at the 2011 SAE AeroTech Congress.
Dr. Agarwal conducts research in CFD and other fields. Mr. Banks is a physicist with expertise in thin film coatings, rocket engines, and spacecraft.
- SAE’s announcement
- Optimal Solutions released Sculptor V3.0.
- Swift Engineering‘s CFD expertise from race cars is now being applied to UAVs.
- C-Boat applied CFD to the design of a super yacht tender.
- Evaluation of Hydro Turbine Design by CFD
- The agenda for next month’s on High Order CFD Methods is now available online.
Happy New Year!