MSC Software Seeks CFD Engineer
MSC Software is looking to hire an Application Engineer with deep experience in FEA and/or CFD. Candidates must enjoy working closely with prospects to uncover needs and customers to solve problems. MSC prefers a U.S. person based in Connecticut but is open to canidates anywhere in the Northeast U.S. “This is your opportunity to break free from the drudgery of cublicleville… and be a part of the renaissance of a CAE titan.”
- Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Siemens PLM Software Released Femap Version 10.3
Femap is the finite element pre- and post-processor from Siemens PLM Software. The v10.3 release includes automatic solid model preparation of the CAD geometry, updated support for NX Nastran, and improvements to aeroelastic problem setup.
- Siemens’ announcement
View 3D Models on iOS and Android with Glovius
Geometric has released their 3D model viewing application, Glovius, for Apple iPhones and iPads and Android devices. The apps are available for free for a limited time according to Geometric’s blog. Viewing models with Glovius is a 2-step process. You first use Babel3D.com to convert your STEP/IGES/STL/etc. file to their optimized format which you download and view on your device.
- Glovius’ products page
3D PDF Consortium
The 3D PDF Consortium has been formed to assure the development and adoption of the 3D PDF format as an open standard for “visualization, collaboration, data exchange, and long-term archiving and retrieval of engineering data.” Founding members include Adobe, Anark, Aras, EOS, I-Cubed, Lattice, ProSTEP, Tech Soft 3D, and Tetra 4D.
- 3D PDF Consortium website
- Marussia Racing (formerly Virgin Racing) blames poor all-CFD aerodynamics for car’s poor on-track performance.
- Siemens PLM blogs about the value of CAE in motorsports: Part 1, Part 2
- NVIDIA released version 4.1 of the CUDA Toolkit for parallel programming on GPUs.
- Cervelo, maker of high performance racing bikes, will keynote CD-adapco‘s inaugural STAR Global Conference.
- Boston University will be offering its CFD course online for free via the Piazza collaborative learning environment.