Intelligent Light Awarded DOE SBIR Contract
Intelligent Light, makers of the FieldView CFD visualization and postprocessing software, will be developing technologies to bring simulation technology to small and medium-sized businesses. This work will be funded by a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase 1 contract from the Department of Energy.
- Intelligent Light’s announcement
New in Brief
- [The delightfully named] FRIENDSHIP-Framework now has a community forum for comments and questions about this software for design studies and shape optimization for CFD.
- The latest for mobile CAD viewing is vueCAD, available for free on iOS. The app supports a wide variety of geometry formats including IGES, STL, SolidEdge and many more.
- Visualization using Tecplot helps identify sources of wind turbine noise.
- There’s a nice preview of CFD and the 2012 Formula 1 season on the Cascade Technologies blog.
- ONERA will present a 1-day workshop on CFD Workflow: Meshing, Solving, Visualizing… on 03 October 2012 at the École Polytechnique Palaiseau. [I am curious about what the ellipsis represents.]
- Beta CAE released ANSA v13.2.2.
- Abstracts for TFAWS 2012, Thermal & Fluids Analysis Workshop to be held 13-17 August at JPL, are due by 18 May.
- All the presentations from SolidWorks World are now available online.
- Kahmsin v0.7, a plugin for Google SketchUp that facilitates running CFD analyses, was released.
If you could permanently solve one key problem in meshing…
An interesting question was posed on the Mesh Generation LinkedIn group that deserves more than the 2 answers it has gotten so far. The question is “If all the mesh generation energy in the world were focused on just one aspect of mesh generation and could permanently solve one key problem… What should that aspect or problem be?”
It’s interesting to me that the 2 answers so far both involve aspects of dealing with geometry which is probably what my answer would involve.
Join this group and tell us what you’d like solved.
- Discussion on LinkedIn
Pointwise Version 17.0 Released
Version 17.0 of the Pointwise CFD mesh generation software was released. The two biggest features in this major release are an advanced implementation of the T-Rex technique for the highly automated generation of hybrid meshes for viscous flows and native CAD readers for ACIS, CATIA V4, CATIA V5, NX, Parasolid, SolidWorks, and STEP.
A 3-part series of weekly webinars will introduce various aspects of the Pointwise meshing software with the first scheduled for 28 March.