New Meshing Forums at CFD Online
CFD Online has added several new forums related to mesh generation. In addition to a general Mesh Generation & Preprocessing Forum there are forums related to specific meshing software.
We at Pointwise will do our best to contribute to the forums. Of course, our technical support engineers will continue to work with customer issues reported to email@example.com or phoned in to 800-4PT-WISE.
News in Brief
- Prof. Z.J. Wang at Kansas State University plans to introduce a graduate level CFD certificate perhaps as early as the fall semester of 2013. Interested students should visit the KU Aerospace Engineering website.
- Desktop Engineering inquires Meshing Your Design for Analysis: Which Path to Take? [Pointwise’s own Rick Matus is quoted.]
- The 2nd International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods will be held 27-28 May 2013 in Germany.
- There is still time to submit abstracts to two CFD-related ASME conferences.
- ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exhibition (15-21 Nov 2013, San Diego) – abstracts due 4 Feb 2013.
- ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting (7-11 Jul 2013, Lake Tahoe area) – abstracts due 18 Jan 2013.
- The CAE Watch blog inquires CFD in 2013: What will be changed? What will not?
- Automated meshing is called a fairy tale. [Ouch] Read 8 other prognostications at the link.
- Just discovered Raven CFD. The site is sparse with a promise of more info to come.
- Also just discovered UFO-CFD, a 2D/3D uniform Cartesian mesh solver.
- Pointwise Version 17.1 was released for CFD mesh generation.
Here’s more art made from mixing inks, this time in video form from Antoine Delach.