—– Late Edition —–
- ESI released OpenFOAM 2.2.0 including changes in all aspects of the code from preprocessing, solvers, models, and postprocessing.
- Altair released HyperWorks 12.0 including updates to HyperMesh for CAD interfaces and mid-plane meshing.
News in Brief
- Fluid Dynamics Art Exploration: An Undergraduate Research Course
- The Slow Mo Guys give us a bubble bursting at 18,000 fps.
- Altair, bones, topology optimization and OptiStruct – from Forbes.
- 3D visualization of blood flow in the heart.
- Someone in the Austin, Texas area is looking for mesh generation software developers.
- Greenfish is looking for applications engineers in Brussels.
Knotty, Knotty Fluid Dynamics
No doubt we’ve all encountered some CFD problems that got us all tied up in knots. But researchers at the University of Chicago created for the first time a fluid knot in a laboratory setting.