- On the Life Upfront podcast, Jeff Waters interviews Rich Smith, the man behind affordable CFD – Caedium from Symscape.
- If you haven’t already seen this video demonstration of extracting 3D editable objects from a single photo please watch it now.
- Moldex3D users can win prizes and acclaim by submitting their work to the 2013 Moldex3D Global Innovation Talent Award.
- The September 2013 issue of ANSYS eNews is available.
- You can call it “the cloud” or you can call it SaaS (software – or simulation – as a service) but either way Desktop Engineering delves into Ciespace CFD.
- On another cloud-related note, Desktop Engineering writes about the UberCloud CAE Experiment.
- COMSOL shares their thoughts on turbulence modeling.
- Beta CAE released v14.1.3 of their pre- and post-processing suite.
- ESTECO released modeFRONTIER 4.5.
- Tecplot ChemBond, a new tool for visualizing quantum theory of atoms in molecules, is the subject of an APS paper about making stronger metals.
- STAR-CCM+ v8.06 will feature their Simulation Assistant, a tool for capturing your organization’s best practices.
- Chalmers University is offering a course on Applied LES, DES, and URANS for Industry on 23-25 October in Gothenburg.
- CD-adapco’s STAR Korean Conference 2013 will be held 5-6 December in Seoul.
- Friendship Systems’ User’s Meeting 2013 will be held 15-16 October in Berlin.
- ISC Cloud Computing Conference 2013 will be held 23-24 September in Heidelberg.
Hearts on Fire
To make up for today’s rather spartan edition of This Week in CFD, I share with you Rob Prideaux’s Smoke & Fire. Through trickery in the real world (as opposed to PhotoShop) Rob is able to shape fire in ways you wouldn’t think possible.