- Registration is open for the COMSOL Conference 2015 to be held 07-09 October in Boston.
- The 23rd Annual Conference of the CFD Society of Canada will be held 07-10 June in Waterloo, Ontario. Abstracts are due 13 March.
- CFD and exascale computing are on the agenda for the 14th International Conference on Computer Applications and Information Technology in the Maritime Industries to be held 11-13 May in Ulrichshusen, Germany.
- The 14th Meeting on Applied Scientific Computing and Tools will be held 09-12 June 2015 in Rome, Italy.
- I recall posting about ASCII fluid dynamics before but this video has to be seen for the subject to be fully appreciated.
- The Khronos Group released OpenCL 2.1, the standard for cross platform parallel computing.
- In Code_Saturne news…
CFD in the News
- Honda Motorsports applied CFD to the external aerodynamic styling of the Honda Civic Type-R.
- The University of Exeter has an opening for a PhD Studentship in CFD.
- NZ Aerosports is using CFD to design parachutes.
- Bentley Team Dyson Racing used CFD to design their Continental GT3 for this season’s events.
- CFD researcher Dr. Ramesh Agarwal (Washington Univ. St. Louis) will receive the 2015 SAE International Medal of Honor at April’s SAE Congress in Detroit.
In last week’s post I mangled the attribution of a video showing a FLOW-3D simulation performed by XC Engineering for a Royal Enfield Gear Box. Here is a link to the correct video.
More Interior Decorating
I don’t know where this is nor how it was created but I do know I want to paint our office like this.