Special Easter Weekend Edition
Pre- & Post-Processing
- The importance of mesh density in Abaqus.
- Here’s best of the visualization web for February 2015.
- Learn how to debug EnSight Python scripts by watching this video about windpdb.
Applications & Reading
- Direct Numerical Simulation of Flow and Acoustic Fields Around an Air-Reed Instrument with Tone Holes. [How many of you played one of these instruments in elementary school? I did.]
- The IMA Conference on Numerical Methods for Simulation will be held 1-4 September 2015 at the University of Oxford.
- Springer introduced the book Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics edited by Shaari and Awang.
- CFD Direct shares this article about tensor mathematics.
Business & Dollars
- Exa‘s reported solid growth: 11% in Q4 (Nov-Jan) relative to the previous year, up 13% for the year to $61 million.
- ANSYS and OCF are selling turnkey CFD clusters in the UK that include Lenovo hardware, Linux OS, and ANSYS CFD.
- Mentor Graphics’ Keith Hanna shows that the aggregate annual CFD business now exceeds $1 billion.
Synthesizing Structure & Chaos
That certainly is an apt metaphor for CFD mesh generation: providing a synthetic structure on which the chaos of turbulent fluid motion is to be computed.
From his website, artist Don Sorenson‘s work is described thusly:
“Formally, his paintings are amalgams of the polar opposites with which large stylistic swings in the history of art have been described: intellect and emotion, order and randomness, control and accident, structure and chaos, straight line and amorphous color, gloss and matte, literal flatness and illusionistic depth, figure and ground and so forth. It is through a synthesis of art history that Sorenson finds his unique place in the world of contemporary art.”
Hi, I am a mechanical engineering student. I need to learn how to write subroutines in Abaqus software for my project. My teacher introduced me this site. Does anyone have experience buying training packages from this site?
here is the link of subroutine package:
Because Abaqus is for solid mechanics and this blog is about fluid dynamics, I’m not certain how much relevant assistance you’ll find but let’s wait and see.
I personally have never heard of CAD Assistant . com.