Pointwise has a full week’s worth of activities planned for AIAA Aviation coming up in just a couple of weeks on 22-26 June 2015 in Dallas. [Frankly, we would’ve preferred Fort Worth and not just because of the commute. But I digress.]
Let’s Talk Meshing Workshop
Begin the week on Sunday by devoting an entire day to mesh generation at our Pointwise Training and Product Roadmap Workshop. This workshop, part of our Let’s Talk Meshing series of events, will cover overset grid assembly (OGA) in Pointwise and an overview of using Suggar++ for OGA. That will be followed by a review of Pointwise’s newest meshing features and an introduction to scripting with Glyph. The day ends with yours truly talking about our product vision and roadmap.
- When and Where: Sunday 21 June, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Plum A Rm.
Cost: FREE, but registration is REQUIRED
For more information and registration go to www.pointwise.com/workshops.
Meet and Greet Reception
Whether you’re tuckered out from our workshop or your travel to Big-D, join us Sunday evening for our Pointwise brand of Texas hospitality. Food, drinks, and mingling are all on the agenda.
- When and Where: Sunday 21 June, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Wyeth Rm.
For more information go to www.pointwise.com/aviation.
Because you’re coming to AIAA Aviation primarily for the technical program, you’ll certainly want to see two presentations where Pointwise plays a major role.
Pointwise’s co-founder and Vice President for Research and Development, Dr. John Steinbrenner, will be presenting some of the latest algorithm developments in T-Rex with his paper Construction of Prism and Hex Layers from Anisotropic Tetrahedra.
- When and Where: Mon 22 Jun at 11 a.m., Coral Rm.
Former Pointwise engineer Dr. John Rhoads co-wrote on a paper with NASA Langley researchers titled Aeroacoustic Simulations of a Nose Landing Gear using FUN3D on Pointwise Unstructured Grids.
- When and Where: Thu 25 Jun at 3 p.m., Edelweiss Rm.
Booth #302 in the exposition hall is where you’ll be able to find Pointwise staff from Tuesday through Thursday. Get all your meshing questions answered whether you’re a current customer seeking advice or someone wanting to see what all the buzz is about. We’ll have representatives from our technical support, product development, and applied research teams available throughout the event.
- When and Where: Tue-Thu, Exposition Hall, Booth #307
Visualization for CFD 2030
This is not a Pointwise event but a technical session that everyone interested in CFD will want to attend. This session represents the Meshing, Visualization, and Computational Environments technical committee‘s response to the CFD meshing and visualization components of NASA’s CFD Vision 2030 Study.
- The session begins with a 1-hour invited paper on Industrial Perspectives on Geometry Handling for Aerodynamics.
- The Path to and State of Geometry and Meshing in 2030: Panel Summary will summarize the geometry and meshing panel session from AIAA SciTech 2015. [I am co-author but will not be presenting.]
- And finally the session features The Path to CFD Visualization in 2030, a panel discussion.
Like I said, you don’t want to miss this session.
- Where and when: Fri 26 Jun, Grand Ballroom A, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
See you soon in Dallas at AIAA Aviation!