Special Xmas Edition
- The Technical University of Denmark is offering on 16 January a workshop on using CFD as a guide to scaling-up tanks and reactors for waste water treatment.
- Google spreadsheets are gaining ground in the PLM space.
- Beta CAE released ANSA and uETA v16.0.2.
- Watch this video with highlights of COMSOL Version 5.2.
- QuickerSim CFD Toolbox is now available from Matlab Central file exchange.
- The abstract deadline for MeshTrends 11 (the symposium on Trends in Unstructured Mesh Generation held in conjunction with the World Congress on Computational Mechanics) has been extended to 30 December.
- CFD will be used to study the turbulent flow around the helideck of an offshore platform.
- CEI shares this tutorial on the use of EnSight Desktop for Converge.
- Autodesk’s Project Harmony for Moldflow is available for free.
Visions of Triangles Danced in Their Heads
When you do CFD or meshing long enough, a few nightmares about triangles are to be expected. But this 1966 animation of waltzing triangles is a fantastic dream come true. Enjoy Rene Jodoin’s Notes on a Triangle and be certain to checkout the article’s links to other videos.
One of the minimalist geometric videos linked to by the article above is Chuck Jones’ Oscar-winning The Dot and The Line. I’m fortunate to own a cel of the original artwork from that film.
P.S. For the record, I wrote this post earlier in the week and scheduled it to automatically post today.