- Kitware released ParaView 5.3.0 with support for multiple core computers, improved rendering, and more.
- Elysium will be providing a CAD translation and healing solution to Lemma for the latter’s use in their CAE preprocessing.
- Spatial has added Distene’s tet mesher to their suite of 3-D modeling components.
- CHAM announced the commercial release of RhinoCFD, a CFD plugin for the Rhino 3-D modeler.
- PyFR 1.6.0 was released with incompressible solvers and more.
- NOGRID points 6.2.0 was released. This CFD solver is based on the finite pointset method and does not require a grid. [You don’t know how hard it was for me to type that 😉]
Applications & Events & News &…
- This year’s HPC User Forum will be held 17-19 April in Santa Fe.
- The 2017 FLOW-3D Americas Users Conference will be held 19-21 September in Santa Fe. Abstracts are due August 4th.
- RealFlow users will like this list of ways to accelerate their simulations.
- Totalsim has been awarded a grant to develop a web-based application for aerodynamic simulation of ground vehicles.
- Congratulations to MSC Software’s Marc, NASA Tech Briefs’ 2016 Reader’s Choice Product of the Year.
I have to admit that artist Jeremy Moon‘s body of work includes paintings that are much “meshier” than the sculpture I’ve included below. But there’s something about 3D 1 72 that is very confrontational, that forces you to reckon with it even if that means just figuring out how to walk around it. And unlike a “meshy” painting, this work raises the issue of duality; is it one piece or many?