The premier conference dedicated to the science of mesh generation and general preprocessing for computational simulations is the International Meshing Roundtable, the 27th edition of which will be held 1-4 October 2018 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Their Call for Papers is now open.
The 27th International Meshing Roundtable will be held October 1-5, 2018 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A. We solicit technical papers that present original results on meshing, gridding and related technology. In addition, the 27th IMR also solicits short research notes and posters that describe exploratory research, preliminary results and techniques deemed to be relevant to the field of meshing.
Topics (Papers and Research Notes)
The following is a list of relevant topics:
- Mesh Generation and Modification
- Structured, unstructured, Cartesian, and hybrid meshing techniques
- High-order finite elements, and mesh generation
- Optimal meshing, centroidal Voronoi tessellation
- Mesh adaptation, metrics, and anisotropy
- Mesh refinement, coarsening, smoothing, untangling, optimization, simplification, and compression
- Dynamic mesh modifications such as moving meshes, level set methods, and mesh morphing
- Meshing for High-Performance and Distributed Computing
- Parallel mesh data structure
- Mesh partitioning and coloring
- Parallel meshing, mesh streaming, and real-time meshing techniques
- Meshing for cloud computing
- CAD and Computational Geometry Issues for Meshing
- Geometry representation and translation: B-Rep NURBS, implicit surfaces, and volume data
- Surface reconstruction and domain generation
- Geometry preparation: CAD repair/cleanup, simplification, defeaturing, partitioning, decomposition, and imprint/merge
- Dimension reduction: medial axis transformation, Voronoi diagram, chordal axis transform, mid-surface, and other skeletal representations
- Virtual geometry and topology
- Implications of Applications for Meshing
- Finite element, finite volume analysis and modeling
- Geometric modeling
- Computer graphics and scientific visualization
- Other novel methodology and applications, such as isogeometric analysis
- Solution-driven adaptivity
- Application-specific novel meshing techniques
The 27th IMR will also host a user forum featuring technical presentations and posters demonstrating novel application of meshing tools as well as hands-on tutorials of state-of-the-art commercial software tools for mesh generation. Abstracts and posters are solicited from practitioners that highlight aspects of the model preparation process and its application to relevant science and engineering solutions. The IMR will also host a meshing contest, allowing members of the meshing community to showcase their tools as part of the User Forum.
- May 30 – Full paper submission deadline
- July 13 – Meshing contest commitment deadline
- July 20 – Initial acceptance notification for papers are sent to authors.
- July 30 – Modification for “accepted with revisions” papers are due
- August 1 – Final acceptance notifications for “accepted with revisions” papers are sent to the authors
- August 8 – Research notes, poster and meshing contest submission deadline
- August 15 – Acceptance notification for research notes posters are sent to authors
- August 16 – Applications for student financial support due
- August 22 – Notification of student financial support
August 31 – Early conference registration ends
- September 5 – IMR Fellow Award Nominations Due
- September 7 – Hotel reservation due for special rates
- September 10 – Final camera ready full paper due
- October 1 – Short Courses
- October 2-4 - Conference
- October 4-5 - User Forum
Papers should contain significant technical content to be accepted. Simultaneous submission of content to other publications, conferences or venues is not permitted.
Papers, posters, and research notes will be available on the IMR website and will be distributed electronically on flash drives at the conference. Following the conference, selected papers will be invited to be included in a special peer-reviewed journal edition published in the journal Computer-Aided Design.
OpenConf will be used for the paper submissions, details can be found at that link.
Xevi Roca – Chair, 27th International Meshing Roundtable
Adrien Loseille & Scott Mitchell – 27th International Meshing Roundtable Organizing Committee Paper Committee Co-Chairs
Scott Canann – 27th International Meshing Roundtable Organizing Committee Communication Chair