It’s official. The 2nd AIAA Geometry and Mesh Generation Workshop (GMGW-2) will be held the weekend prior to AIAA SciTech (5-6 January 2019) in San Diego. This 2-day workshop will cover three meshing cases and provide forward-looking content for future workshops.
- Meshing Case 1: Generate a 30 billion cell mesh for the High Lift Common Research Model (HL-CRM). This case is designed to stress-test all our tools and procedures for exascale applications.
- Meshing Case 2: Remesh the HL-CRM and repeat the GMGW-1 exercise. This will allow new participants to contribute to the data we acquired during GMGW-1 and returning participants to see how their tools and procedures have improved.
- Meshing Case 3: Test our abilities to rapidly and robustly mesh parametric variations of a geometry model. (Details to be announced at a future date.)
Note that these three cases are not just about generating a mesh. Participants will record and submit details about their process including tools and resources used, problems encountered, and workarounds applied.
The two forward-looking events are:
- A special presentation on “The NASA HL-CRM Wind Tunnel Model – A Geometry Handling Perspective.” This geometry model is the proposed basis for HiLiftPW-4 and is much more challenging for CFD than the HL-CRM model.
- A mini-symposium on “Mesh Effects on CFD Solutions.” The discussions during this event may help us design GMGW-3 and HiLiftPW-4 in a way that provides insight into how mesh quality impacts CFD solution accuracy and convergence.
Visit the workshop website gmgworkshop.com today.
- Indicate your intent to participate. (Important: AIAA will handle registration for the event. Your intent to participate adds you to our email list for news and updates.)
- Download the geometry model and participant questionnaire for Cases 1 and 2 and begin meshing.
Hope to see you in San Diego this coming January.