The AIAA CFD 2030 Integration Committee will be present at AIAA SciTech in Orlando so be certain to participate in what promise to be some very valuable events.
High Performance Computing’s Impact on Aerospace Prediction
This moderator-led, Forum 360 panel discussion, will address one of the main components of the CFD Vision 2030: high performance computing. Recall what the CFD Vision 2030 Study wrote about HPC.
Unfortunately, robust CFD flow solver scalability even on current multicore platforms is sorely lacking.
And here’s the HPC kicker for meshing.
Despite the deficiencies in current CFD solver scalability, the situation for the surrounding infrastructure of pre- and post-processing software is even worse.
You can imagine that the discussion about this important topic will be very interesting. So join us on Thursday 09 January at 2:00 in Regency Ballroom Q.
The moderator is:
- Jeffrey Slotnick, Technical Fellow, Flight Sciences, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
The panelists are:
- Roy Campbell, Chief Scientist, High Performance Computing Modernization Program, Department of Defense
- Douglas Kothe, Director, Exascale Computing Project, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Scott Morton, DoD HPCMP CREATE-AV Project Manager, U.S. Army Engineering Research and Development Center
- Eric Nielson, Senior Research Scientist, Computational AeroSciences Branch, NASA Langley Research Center
See AIAA’s SciTech Forum webpage for more details.
Many technical sessions at SciTech will be relevant to the CFD Vision 2030. Here are just a few of them.
- NASA Juncture Flow – The NASA Juncture Flow experiment is a new effort whose focus is attaining validation data in the juncture region of a wing-body configuration. The experiment is designed specifically for the purpose of CFD validation.
- Session I – Wed 08 Jan, 2:30 – 5:30, Orlando Ballroom M
- Session II – Thu 09 Jan, 2:00 – 5:00, Orlando Ballroom M
- Special Sessions in Honor of Antony Jameson’s 85th Birthday
- Session I – Mon 06 Jan, 2:00 – 5:00, Barrel Spring II
- Session II – Tue 07 Jan, 2:30 – 5:30, Barrel Spring II
- Session III – Wed 08 Jan, 2:30 – 5:30, Barrel Spring II
The CFD 2030 IC
For more information on the mission and activities of the CFD 2030 Integration Committee see www.cfd2030.com.