Pointwise Version 18.4 R3 is now available for download and production use. V18.4 R3 is primarily a maintenance release and includes a new native interface to the AzoreCFD flow solver.
“Pointwise is committed to empowering flow solver development of any type, which is why we developed a flexible and powerful plugin SDK for mesh export and import,” said Patrick Baker, Pointwise’s director of product development. “Our latest release includes a plugin authored by Azore Software that writes files in their AzoreCFD flow solver’s native format.”
In addition to including the AzoreCFD plugin as part of the standard product, Pointwise Version 18.4 R3 includes several smaller productivity enhancements.
- In Edit, Preferences you can now set a default CAE Solver, Solver Dimension, and Overset Grid Assembler.
- Files exported to CFX now allow spaces in BC names.
- The automatic surface meshing (aka Flashpoint) introduced in V18.4 now includes an option for a Hybrid meshing algorithm that uses quads in the anisotropic region and triangles in the isotropic regions.
- The Help menu now includes a link to our Online Training Courses at training.pointwise.com.
- In Examine, the gray interior of the cutting plane is now turned off when the cutting plane is stationary.
- Help, System Info now generates more information including CPU type, core count, and RAM.
Customers can immediately download V18.4 R3 from www.pointwise.com/downloads.