Cadence Pointwise Meshing Version 18.5 R2 is now available for download and production use. Primarily a maintenance release, V18.5 R2 also includes two sets of compatibility features.
- Meshes in NASA’s USM3D/VGRID format can now be imported.
- Boundary and volume conditions can now be imported from CRUNCH CFD files.
- New mesh metric functions were added to the Examine command for compatibility with Omnis: Adjacent Volume Ratio, Expansion Ratio, and Equi-angular Skewness.
Other new and updated capabilities in V18.5 include:
- Draw Shapes: The keyboard hotkeys for the Drawing, Enclosing, Translate, Rotate, Scale, Align to View, and Pivot modes are now persistent while the command is running.
- GUI: The Tab key can now be used to iterate through the options in a pop-up window in Linux and Mac platforms.
- Flashpoint: The Automatic Surface Mesh and Automatic Volume Mesh commands now use consistent labeling for the Additive/Subtractive controls.
- Glyph Scripting: New links to the definition of points were added throughout the Glyph Scripting Manual.
Download V18.5 R2 from www.pointwise.com/downloads.